Saturday 10 March 2018

Hey Abby: Can I still watch live TV if I cut the cord?

Hey Abby: Can I still watch live TV if I cut the cord?

Link to The Official Roku Blog

Hey Abby: Can I still watch live TV if I cut the cord?

Posted: 10 Mar 2018 07:27 AM PST

Hey everyone! My name’s Abby Reyes and you might recognize me from some Roku videos. As a streaming entertainment fanatic, I often get questions about how to improve your streaming experience. I know that some of you probably have the same questions, so I’ll be here every month answering them for you! In this inaugural post and with March Madness upon us, I’ll be talking about live TV. 

abby reyes roku

Q: Can I watch live TV if I cut the cord?

A: Absolutely! I hear from friends who say they’re nervous to cut the cord because they love live TV. I do too! There’s actually a TON of live TV available on the Roku platform. If you have a Roku TV, you should consider opting for an antenna. Believe it or not, antennas are an awesome complement to your Roku experience as they have the ability to pull broadcasts from major networks such as ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and PBS. We have a number of cable alternatives that make accessing live TV super easy with channels like DIRECTV NOWfuboTVHulu with Live TV, PhiloPlayStation VueSling TV, and YouTube TV. For the skinny on these bundles, click here.

Q: How do I watch live sports? 

A: For March Madness, games are available on a number of different channels. Again, you can use subscription services like DIRECTV NOW, Hulu with Live TV, PlayStation Vue, Sling TV, and YouTube TV, all of which services have free trials. Or you can access via channels such as March Madness Livethough a cable or satellite subscription required. Learn more about streaming March Madness

For other live sports, there are several options. Check out our posts on how to stream NFLMLBNBANHL and more here

Q: How do I get live news?

A: Ah, news. If you’re like me, then you start your day off right with a hot cup of joe and a load of fresh news streaming in the background. NewsON (free) offers live and on-demand local newscasts from 170+ markets. If you browse the "News & Weather" category of the Roku Channel Store, you may find your local affiliates. Today, there are 100+ free local news channels including WGN ChicagoKHOU HoustonFOX25 Boston and WSB Atlanta

Again, popular Roku channels DIRECTV NOWHulu with Live TVPlayStation Vue, Sling TV and fuboTV deliver local channels in select markets*. If you're interested in CBS specifically, CBS All Access offers 195 live and local CBS channels. Note: these channel require a monthly subscription. 

If you have any questions about streaming entertainment, I’m here to answer them for you. Tweet them to @rokuplayer on Twitter using #HeyAbby or comment on our Facebook page. You might see your question on the Roku blog! So, don’t be shy…holla at me. 🙂

Happy Streaming, everyone!

*Visit site each respective site for more details on local availability: DIRECTV NOW, Hulu with Live TV, PlayStation VueSling TVYouTube TVfuboTV and CBS All Access.

The post Hey Abby: Can I still watch live TV if I cut the cord? appeared first on The Official Roku Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment